The things you need to know.
HOW THE NRN WORKS
* The minimum age of a National Relief Network volunteer is 13.
* The National Relief Network has a minimum group size of 35 volunteers and with 35 an additional five attend at no cost. (20 volunteers if you provide your own transportation). Please click here for more pricing information.
* Deposit of $1000 is due two weeks after of booking a disaster relief program.
* Chaperones for the relief programs are the responsibility of your organization. We recommend a 1 to 8 ratio for high school-aged volunteers. A chaperone should be anyone over 21 who you decide is a responsible person. Each group must have an appropriate number of chaperones to properly supervise your group.
* The National Relief Networks program fee is $524 per volunteer for a 6-day/5-night relief trip. The program fee covers transportation via charter coach, accommodations, and meals at the disaster location, a relief team shirt and all disaster relief coordination by our office and field staff. The $524 program fee covers a disaster relief program up to 800 miles from the point of departure and increases by $25/volunteer for each 1 – 100 miles beyond 800 miles. If your group would like to stay longer, add $50/volunteer for each additional day that you would like to add to your disaster relief program.
* If your group provides their own transportation, our program fee for a 6-day/5-night program is only $324/volunteer! If your group would like to stay longer, add $25/volunteer for each additional day that you would like to add to your disaster relief program.
* The total program fee is to be received by the National Relief Network 30 days prior to your departure date.
* A member of the National Relief Network’s staff will be present to assure a successful relief effort. Our staff personnel are attending as liaisons between local relief agencies, the families we are assisting and the National Relief Network and are not to be counted as one of your group’s chaperones.
* The National Relief Network may request you change your trip location to an area of greater need at any time during the planning process.